MOON P 5.3 Stereo Preamplifier
Important Safety Instructions
1. Read these instructions.
2. Keep these instructions.
3. Heed all warnings.
4. Follow all instructions.
5. Do not use this apparatus near water.
6. Clean only with a dry cloth.
7. Do not block ventilation openings. Install in accordance with the manuf acturers instructions.
8. Do not install near any heat sources such as radiators, heat registers, stoves or another apparatus that produces
9. Do not defeat the safety purpose of the polarized or gr ounding type plug. A polarized plug has two blades with one
wider than the other. A grounding-type plug has two blades and a third grounding prong. The wide blade or the third
prong is provided for safety. If the provided plug does not fit into the outlet, consult an electrician for replacement of
the obsolete outlet.
10. Protect the power cord from being walked on or pinched, particularly at plugs, convenience receptacles, and the
point where they exit from the apparatus.
11. Only use attachments and accessori es specified by the manufacturer.
12. Use only with the cart, stand, tripod, bracket, or table specified by the manufacturer or sold with the
apparatus. When a cart is used, use caution when mo ving the cart/apparatus combination to avoid injury
from tip over.
13. Unplug this apparatus during lightning stor ms or when unused for long periods of time.
14. Refer all servicing to qualified service personnel. Servic ing is required when the apparatus has been damaged in any
way, such as when the power cord or plug has been damaged; liquid has been spilled or objects have fallen into the
apparatus; or the apparatus has been ex posed to rain or moisture, does not operate normally, or has been dropped.
15. No naked flame sources, such as candle s, should be placed on the apparatus.
WARNING: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE OR ELECTRIC SHOCK,
DO NOT EXPOSE THIS APPLIANCE TO RAIN OR MOISTURE.
MOON P 5.3 Stereo Preamplifier
Important Safety Instructions (contd)
The lightning flash with the arrowhead symb ol, within an equilateral triangle, is
intended to alert the user to the presence of uninsulated dangerous voltage within
the products enclosure that may be of suffic ient magnitude to constitute a risk of
electric shock to persons.
The exclamation point within an equilateral tria ngle is intended to alert the user to the
presence of important operating and main tenance (servicing) instructions in the
literature accompanying the appliance.
Marking by the CE symbol (shown left) indicates compliance of this device\
EMC (Electromagnetic Compatibility) and LVD (Low Voltage Directive) standards of the
Please read all instructions and precautions carefully and completely before
operating your Simaudio MOON P5.3 Stereo Preamplifier.
1. ALWAYS disconnect your entire system from the AC mains before connecting or dis\
connecting any cables,
or when cleaning any component.
2. The MOON P5.3 must be terminated with a three-co nductor AC mains power cord which includes an earth
ground connection. To prevent shock hazard, all three connections must ALWAYS be used. Connect the
MOON P5.3 only to an AC source of the proper voltag e; Both the shipping box and rear panel serial number
label will indicate the correct voltage. Use of any other voltage will likely damage the unit and void the
3. AC extension cords are NOT recommended for use with this product.
4. NEVER use flammable or combustible chemic als for cleaning audio components.
5. NEVER operate the MOON P5.3 with any covers removed. There are no user-serviceable parts inside. An
open unit, especially if it is still connected to an AC source, presents a potentially lethal shock hazard. Refer
all questions to authorized service personnel only.
6. NEVER wet the inside of the MOON P5.3 with any liquid. If a liquid substance does enter your MOON P5.3,
immediately disconnect it from the AC mains and take it to your MOON dealer for a complete check-up.
7. NEVER spill or pour liquids directly onto the MOON P5.3.
8. NEVER block air flow through ventilation slots or heatsinks.
9. NEVER bypass any fuse.
10. NEVER replace any fuse with a value or type other than those specified
11. NEVER attempt to repair the MOON P5.3. If a problem occurs contact your MOON dealer.
12. NEVER expose the MOON P5.3 to extremely high or low temperatures.
13. NEVER operate the MOON P5.3 in an explosive atmosphere.
14. ALWAYS keep electrical equipment out of reach of children.
15. ALWAYS unplug sensitive electronic equi pment during lightning storms.