This is the 54 pages manual for Akai MPC 4000 Service Manual.
Read or download the pdf for free. If you want to contribute, please mail your pdfs to email@example.com.
* SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
1. Parts identified by the A symbol are critical for safety.
Replace them only with the parts number specified.
2. In addition to safety, other parts and assemblies are
specified for conformance with such regulations as those
applying to spurious radiation.
These must also be replaced only with the specified
Examples : Noise blocking capacitors, noise blocking filters.
3. Use specified internal wiring. Note especially :
1) Wires covered with PVC tubing
2) Double insulated wires
3) High voltage leads
4. Use specified insulating materials for hazardous live parts.
Note especially :
1) Insulation Tape
2) PVC tubing
3) Spacers (insulating barriers)
4) Insulation sheets for transistors
5) Plastic screws for fixing micro switches
5. When replacing AC primary side components (trans-
formers, power cords, noise blocking capacitors, etc.),
wrap the ends of the wires securely around the terminals
6. Make sure that wires do not contact heat producing parts
(heat sinks, oxide metal film resistors, fusible resistors,
7. Check that replaced wires do not contact sharp edged or
8. Also check areas surrounding repaired locations.
9. Make sure that foreign objects (screws, solder droplets,
etc.) do not remain inside the set.
SAFETY CHECK AFTER SERVICING
After servicing, make measurements of leakage-current or
resistance in order to determine that exposed parts are
acceptably insulated from the supply circuit. The leakage-
current measurement should be done between accessible
metal parts (such as chassis, ground terminal, microphone
jacks. signal input/output connectors, etc.) and the earth ground
through a resistor of 1500 ohms paralleled with a 0.15 pF
capacitor, under the unit’s normal working conditions.
The leakage-current should be less than 0.5 mA rms AC. The
resistance measurement should be done between accessible
exposed metal parts and power cord plug prongs with the
power switch (if included) ”ON”. The resistance should be
more than 2.2 M ohms.
SYMBOLS FOR PRIMARY DESTINATION
Unit destinations are indicated with letters as shown below.
Symbols Principal Destinations
MAKE YOUR CONTRIBUTION TO PROTECT THE
Used batteries with the ISO symbol for recycling as
well as small accumulators (rechargeable batteries), (D
mini-batteries (cells) and starter batteries should not %<9
be thrown into the garbage can.
Please leave them at an appropriate depot.
PRECAUTIONS FOR LITHIUM BATTERY
The lithium battery may explode when incorrectly replaced.
[OBSERVE THE FOLLOEING WHEN REPLACING]
- Replace with the same make and type or equivalent recom
mended by manufacturer.
0 Place battery in correct polarity.
- Do not short the terminals.
- Do not charge battery.
0 Do not dispose of battery in fire.