This is the 16 pages manual for Akai MPC 3000 Service Manual.
Read or download the pdf for free. If you want to contribute, please mail your pdfs to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
PRECAUTIONS DURING SERVICING
1. Parts identified by the A (*) symbol are critical for
safety. Replace them only with the pans number specified.
2. In addition to safety, other parts and assemblies are
specified for conformance With such regulations as
those applying to spurious radiation. These must also
be replaced only with the specified replacements.
Examples: RF converters, tuner units, antenna selector
switches, RFcables, noise blocking capacitors,
noise blocking filters, etc.
3. Use specified internal wiring. Note especially:
1) Wires covered with PVC tubing
2) Double insulated wires
3) High voltage leads
4. Use specified insulating materials for hazardous live
1) insulation Tape
2) PVC tubing
3) Spacers (insulating barriers)
4) insulation sheets for transistors
5) Plastic screws for fixing micro switches
5, When replacing AC primary side components
(transformers, power cords, noise blocking capacitors,
etc.), wrap the ends of the wires securely around the
terminals before soldering.
6. Make sure that wires do not contact heat producing
parts (heat sinks, oxide metal film resistors, fusible
7. Check that replaced wires do not contact sharp edged
or pointed pans.
8. Also check areas surrounding repaired locations.
9. Make sure that foreign obiects (screws, solder droplets,
etc.) do not remain inside the set.
SAFETY CHECK AFTER SERVICING
After servicing, make measurements of leakage-current
or resistance in order to determine that exposed parts
are acceptably insulated from the supply circuit.
The leakage-current measurement should be done be-
tween accessible metal parts (such as chassis, ground
terminal, microphone jacks, signal input/output connectors,
etc.) and the earth ground through a resistor of 1500
ohms paralleled with a 0.15 uF capacitor, under the unit's
normal working conditions. The leakage
The resistanca measurement should be done between
accessible exposed metal parts and power cord plug
prongs with the power switch (if included) ON". The
resistance should be more than 2.2 M ohms,
PRECAUTION FOR LITHIUM BATT-ERY
The lithium battery may explode when heated excessively.
[OBSERVE THE FOLLOWING WHEN REPLACiNG]
0 Replace with the same make and type only.
I Use soldering iron in recommended way" only.
I Place battery in correct polarity.
- Do not short the terminals.
I Do not charde battery.
0 Do not dispose of battery in fire.
(DANGER) [RECOMMENDED WAY]
SYMBOLS FOR PRIMARY DESTINATION
Unit destinations are indicated with letters as shown below,
Symbols Principal Destinations
|-E_i Europe (except U.K)