This is the 58 pages manual for akai mpc 3000 service manual version.
Read or download the pdf for free. If you want to contribute, please mail your pdfs to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
PRECAUTIONS DURING SERVICING
1. Parts identified by the A). (:00 symbol are critical for
safety. Replace them only with the pans number speciﬁed.
2. In addition to safety, other parts and assemblies are
specilied ior contormance with such regulations as
those applying to spurious radiation. These must also
be replaced only with the specified replacements.
Examples: HF converters. tuner units, antenna selector
switches, R F cables. noise blocking capacitors,
noise blocking filters, etc.
3. Use speciﬁed internal wiring. Note especially:
1)Wires covered with PVC tubing
2) Double insulated wires
3) High voltage leads
4. Use specified insulating materials for hazardous live
1) insulation Tape
2) PVC tubing
3) Spacers (insulating barriers)
4) insulation sheets for transistors
5) Plastic screws for fixing micro switches
5. When replacing AC primary side components
(transtormers, power cords, noise blocking capacitors,
etc.), wrap the ends 01 the wires securely around the
terminals before soldering.
6. Make sure that wires do not contact heat producing
pans (heat sinks, oxide metal film resistors, fusible
7. Check that replaced wires do not contact sharp edged
or pointed parts.
8. Also check areas surrounding repaired locations.
9. Make sure that loreign objects (screws, solder droplets,
etc.) do not remain inside the set.
SAFETY CHECK AFTER SERVICING
Alter servicing, make measurements of leakage-current
or resistance in order to determine that exposed pans
are acceptably insulated irom the supply circuit.
The leakage-current measurement should be done be-
tween acoessible metal parts (such as chassis, ground
terminal, microphone jacks, signal input/output connectors,
etc.) and the earth ground through a resistor at 1500
ohms paralleled with a 0.15 uF capacitor, under the units
normal working conditions. The leakage-current should
be less than 0.5 mA rms AC.
The resistance measurement should be done between
accessible exposed metal parts and power cord plug
prongs with the power switch (it included) ON". The
resistance should be more than 2.2 M ohms.
PRECAUTION FOR LITHIUM BATTERY
The lithium battery may explode when heated excesstvely.
[OBSERVE THE FOLLOWING WHEN REPLACiNG]
0 Replace with the same make and type only.
Use soldering iron in recommended way' only.
Place battery in correct polarity.
Do not short the terminals.
Do not charde battery.
Do not dispose o1 battery in tire.
[DANGER] [RECOMMENDED wm
SYMBOLS FOR PRIMARY DESTINATION
Unit destinations are indicated with letters as shown below.
Europe (except U.K)
BEHEEEO .00 >