This is the 25 pages manual for Akai HXA 2 Service Manual.
Read or download the pdf for free. If you want to contribute, please mail your pdfs to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ST ER E0 CASSETTE DECK
MODEL H X'A2
SECTION I SERVICE MANUAL .................... 3
SECTION 2 PARTS LIST .......................... 13
SAFETY CHECK AFTER SERVICING
Conﬁrm the speciﬁed insulation resistance between power cord plug prongs and externally exposed parts of the set is
greater than 10 Mohms, but for equipment with external antenna terminals (tuner, receiver, etc.) and is intended for
or I, speciﬁed insulation resistance should be more than 2.2 Mohms (ground terminals, microphone jacks,
headphone jacks. line-in-out jacks etc.)
PRECAUTIONS DURING SERVICING
1. Parts identiﬁed by the A symbol parts are critical for safety,
Replace only with parts number speciﬁed.
2. In addition to safety. other parts and assemblies are speciﬁed for conformance with such regulations as those
applying to spurious radiation. These must also be replaced only with speciﬁed replacements.
Examples: RF converters, tuner units, antenna selector switches, RF cables, noise blocking capacitors, noise
blocking filters, etc.
3. Use speciﬁed internal wiring, Note especially:
1) Wires covered with PVC tubing
2) Double insulated wires
3) High voltage leads
4. Use speciﬁed insulating materials for hazardous live parts, Note especially:
1) Insulation Tape
2) PVC tubing
3) Spacers (Insulating Barriers)
4) Insulation sheets for transistors
5) Plastic screws for fixing microswitch (especially in turntable)
5. When replacing AC primary side components (transformers, power cords, noise blocking capacitors, etcl), wrap
ends of wires securely about the terminals before soldering.
. D D
Observe that wires do not contact heat producing parts (heatsinks, oxide metal ﬁlm resistors, fusible resistors, etc.).
Check that replaced wires do not contact sharp edged or pointed parts.
Also check areas surrounding repaired locations.
Use care that foreign objects (screws, solder droplets, etc.) do not remain inside the set,
Models for Canada, USA, Europe, UK and Australia are not equipped with this facility. Each machine is preset at the
factory according to destination, but some machines can be set to 110V, 120V, 220V, 0r 240V as required,
If your machines voltage can be converted:
Before connecting the power cord. turn the VOLTAGE SELECTOR located on the rear panel with a screwdriver until
the correct voltage is indicated.
Tension 0 Vt 110 V.
210V, 240 V wmmuublc.
Cycle Conversion are not necessary since HX-AZ use a DC MOTOR.