This is the 38 pages manual for Akai GX 95 Service Manual.
Read or download the pdf for free. If you want to contribute, please mail your pdfs to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PRECAUTIONS DURING SERVICING
1. Parts identified by the : (*) symbol parts are critical
for safety. Replace only with parts number specified.
2. In addition to safety, other parts and assemblies are
specified for conformance with such regulations as
those applying to spurious radiation.
These must also be replaced only with specified re-
Examples: RF converters, tuner units, antenna selec-
tor switches, RF cables, noise blocking capacitors,
noise blocking filters, etc.
3. Use specified internal wiring. Note especially:
1) Wires covered with PVC tubing
2) Double insulated wires
3) High voltage leads
4. Use specified insulating materials for hazardous live
parts. Note especially:
1) Insulation Tape
2) PVC tubing
3) Spacers (Insulating Barriers)
4) Insulation sheets for transistors
5) Plastic screws for fixing microswitch (especially in
5. When replacing AC primary side components (trans-
formers, power cords, noise blocking capacitors,
etc.), wrap ends of wires securely about the terminals
6. Observe that wires do not contact heat producing
parts (heatsinks, oxide metal film resistors, fusible
7. Check that replaced wires donot contact sharp edged
or pointed parts.
8. Also check areas surrounding repaired locations.
9. Use care that foreign objects (screws, solder dro-
plets, etc.) do not remain inside the set.
SAFETY CHECK AFTER SERVICING
After servicing, make measurements of leakage-cu rrent
or resistance in order to determine that exposed parts
are acceptably insulated from the supply circuit.
The leakage—current measurement should be done be-
tween accessible metal parts (such as chassis, ground
terminal. microphone jacks, signal-input/output con-
nectors, etc.) and the earth ground through a resister of
1500 ohms paralleled with a 0.15 uF capacitor, under
the unit‘s normal working conditions. The leakage-cur
rent should be less than 0.5 mA rrns AC.
The resistance measurement should be done between
accessible exposed metal parts and power cord plug
prongs with the power switch (ifincluded) “ON". The
resistance should be more than 2.2 Mohms.
SYMBOLS FOR PRIMARY DESTINATION
Alphabet indicates the destination of the units as listed
_ Symbols Principal Destinations
LE Europe (except UK)
W. Germany only
(I Model only]
Before connecting the power cord. Set the VOLTAGE
SELECTOR located on the rear panel with a screw
driver so that the correct voltage is indicated.
FINAL ASSEMBLY BLOCK
even if they appear on me assembling illustrations wnh relerence
Parts WI“ nm be supplied H xhey are not |isted in the parts lust.