This is the 31 pages manual for Akai CD 62 Service Manual.
Read or download the pdf for free. If you want to contribute, please mail your pdfs to firstname.lastname@example.org.
AKAI i-~ w.- .m .i.
I: gm 123.5515-; nļ¬weg w E' D '3
-mum wemmwmxi-mmgmmmm -7--me Ā«:70 ļ¬ oggg |:I D E, E-!
m; w. m. I Iv I I: I4 I I IV In lw J
Ā© [gramme mmm mm mm -$0.: rm-ILILIL-I D an .3
COMPACT DISC PLAYER
Digital filter 18 bit, 8 times over sampling
D/A converter . 18 bit linear
Error correction system . . Cross lnterleave Reed Solomon
Number of channels . 2 channels stereo
Frequency response . . 4 Hz to 20 kHz :05 dB
Dynamic range . 96 dB or more
S/N ......... . 104 dB or more
Total harmonic d: tortion 0,003% or less
Wow & flutter .................... Less than measurable limits
Digital (Coaxnl) V
Digital (Optical) ..
Headphone output level/
Power requirements .
3 beam Laser pick up
. 2v (0 dB)
. 0.5 Vp-p/75 ohms
. -22 dBm, wave length 660 nm
. 28 mW/ 32 ohms
. 120 V, 60 Hz for USA & Canada
220 V, 50 Hz for Europe except UK
240 V, 50 Hz for UK & Australia
425(W) X 1100;) >< 330(D) mm
. 5 kg (11 lbs)
Remote control unit (RC-C62
Batteries for remote control unit
Operator-s manual ..................
* For improvement purposes, speciļ¬cations and design are subject to change without notice.
* SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
PRECAUTIONS DURING SERVICING
1. Parts identiļ¬ed by the A (*) Symbol are critical for safety.
Replace only with parts number speciļ¬ed.
2. In addition to safety, other parts and assemblies are
speciļ¬ed for conformance with such regulations as those
applying to spurious radiation.
These must also be replaced only with Speciļ¬ed
Examples: RF converters, tuner units, antenna selector
switches, RF cables, noise blocking capacitors, noise
blocking ļ¬lters, etc.
3. Use speciļ¬ed internal wiring. Note especially:
1) Wires covered with PVC tubing
2) Double insulated wires
3) High voltage leads
4. Use speciļ¬ed insulating materials for hazardous live parts.
1) Insulation Tape
2) PVC tubing
3) Spacers (Insulating Barriers)
4) Insulation sheets for transistors
5) Plastic screws for ļ¬xing microswitch (especially in
5. When replacing AC primary side components (transform-
ers, power cords, noise blocking capacitors, etc), wrap
ends of wires securely about the terminals before soldering.
6. Observe that wires do not contact heat producing parts
(heatsinks, oxide metal ļ¬lm resistors, fusible resistors,
7. Check that replaced wires do not contact sharp edged or
8. Also check areas surrounding repaired locations.
9. Use care that foreign objects (screws, solder droplets, etc.)
do not remain inside the set.
SAFETY CHECK AFTER SERVICING
After servicing, make measurements of leakage-current or
resistance in order to detemine that exposed parts are
acceptably insulated from the supply circuit.
The leakage-current measurement should be done between
accessible metal parts (such as chassis, ground terminal,
microphone jacks, signal-input/output' connectors, etc.)
and the earth ground through a resister of 1500 ohms
paralleled with a 0.15 [41- capacitor, under the unit-s normal
working conditions. The leakage-current should be less than
0.5 mA rms AC.
The resistance measurement should be done between accessi-
ble exposed metal parts and power cord plug prongs with the
power switch (if included) -ON-. The resistance should be
more than 2.2 Mohms.
SYMBOLS FOR PRIMARY DESTINATION
Alphabet indimtes the destination of the units as listed below.
Symbols Principal Destinations
El Europe (except UK)
W. Germany only