This is the 9 pages manual for Akai CD 57 Service Manual.
Read or download the pdf for free. If you want to contribute, please mail your pdfs to email@example.com.
III.REPLACEMENT OF PRINCIPAL COMPONENT
When removing the motors (spindle motor. loading motor,
sled motor) or pick up block for replacement. be sure to
remove the mecha block and disc damper first.
To prevent damage to the LD (laser diode) during removal
of the mecha block, please follow the following precau—
0 When removing the MAIN PCB’s P2 or P3 connectors,
first short the short points on the pick up block's PCB
with solder as shown Fig. 3-1.
a When replacing the pick up block with a new one, or
when installing the mecha block, first install the P2 and
P3 connectors and then remove the solder lrom the
short points to open them.
TO MAIN PCB
y BE SHORTED
3-1.HOW TO REMOVE THE MECHA
1) Remove the mecha block's retaining screws @.
2) Turn the mecha block over and short the pick up block's
short points with solder. (Rater to the precautions.)
3) Remove the P2, P3, P5 and P6 connectors on the MAIN
:I’ MAIN Pca
<2 " ,,
3-2.HOW TO REMOVE THE DISC CLAM-
1) Move the disc drawer forward by turning the loading
2) Remove the disc clamper spring ®.
3) Lift the disc clamper up slightly and move it to the left to
<2) orsc CL PER