This is the 29 pages manual for Akai AT 93 AT 93 L Service Manual.
Read or download the pdf for free. If you want to contribute, please mail your pdfs to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
PRECAUTIONS DURING SERVICING
1. Parts identified by the A symbol parts are critical
for safety. Replace only with parts number speciﬁed.
2. In addition to safety, other parts and assemblies are
speciﬁed for conformance with such regulations as
those applying to spurious radiation.
These must also be replaced only with specified
Examples: RF converters, tuner units, antenna
selector switches, RF cables, noise blocking capacitors,
noise blocking filters, etc.
3. Use specified internal wiring. Note especially:
1) Wires covered with PVC tubing
2) Double insulated wires
3) High voltage leads
4. Use specified insulating materials for hazardous live
parts/f Note especially:
1) Insulation Tape
2) PVC tubing
3) Spacers (Insulating Barriers)
4) Insulation sheets for transistors
5) Plastic screws for ﬁxing microswitch (especially
5. When replacing AC primary side components (trans-
formers, power cords, noise blocking capacitors, etc),
wrap ends of wires securely about the terminals
6. Observe that wires do not contact heat producing
parts (heatsinks, oxide metal film resistors, fusible
7. Check that replaced wires do not contact sharp
edged or pointed parts.
8. Also check areas surrounding repaired locatoins.
9. Use care that foreign objects (screws, solder droplets,
etc.) do not remain inside the set.
SAFETY CHECK AFTER SERVICING
Confirm the specified insulation resistance between
power cord plug prongs and externally exposed parts
of the set is greater than 10 M ohms. but for equipment
with external antenna terminals (tuner, receiver, etc.)
and is intended for. or I, specified insulation re-
sistance should be headphone jacks line-inout jacks etc.
more than 2.2 M ohms (ground terminals, microphone
PRECAUTIONS FOR LITHIUM BATTERY ,
The lithium battery'may [explode when heated exces-
[OBSERVE THE FOLLOWING WHEN REPLACING]
0 Replace with the same make and type only.
0 Use soldering iron in “recommended way” only.
0 Place battery in cOrrect polarity.
0 Do not short the terminals.
0 Do not recharge battery.
0 Do not dispose of battery in fire.
[DANGER] [RECOMMENDED WAY]
SYMBOLS FOR PRIMARY DESTINATION
. Alphabet indicates the destination of the units as listed
Symbols Principal Destinations
E] Europe (except UK)
E W. Germany only
“El Custom version
VOLTAGE CONVERSION ( Model only)
Before connecting the power cord. SET the VOLTAGE
SELECTOR located on the rear panel with a screwdriver
so that the correct voltage is indicated.