This is the 59 pages manual for Akai AS 960 Service Manual.
Read or download the pdf for free. If you want to contribute, please mail your pdfs to firstname.lastname@example.org.
AKAI ﬁdl-CH/STERED RECEIVER
MODEL AS- 3 ED
AM TUNER SECTION ADJUSTMENTS
AM-FM RADIO IF
455k Hz MARKER POINT
1. AM IF CIRCUIT ADJUSTMENT
1) Connect the AM-FM Radio IF GENESCOPE
(hereinafter referred to as GENESCO) lead wires
to input terminal as well as output terminal of
the FM-AM IF & MPX P.C. Board as shown
in Fig. 12.
2) Set GENESCO to AM mode and adjust vertical
gain. (Refer to Chart 6)
3) Set Receiver SELECTOR to AM and set the
tuning indicator needle to extreme right end of
NOTE: A Noise Element should not enter the single
peaked curve shown in Fig. 13.
Fig. 12 INSTRUMENT CONNECTIONS
Vertical Gain 0.3Vp-p to 3 cm
GENESCO Output Level 96 (113
Single Peaked Curve Height 2 cm
4) Adjust output level of GENESCO. (Refer to
5) Adjust the core of FM-AM IF & MPX P.C. Board
[FT T6(BLK) (Refer to Fig. 5) so that the
455 kHz marker point of the single peaked curve
displays maximum amplitude as shown in Fig. 13.
6) Adjust the cores of FM-AM IF & MPX P.C.
Board IFT T5(WHT), T4(YLW) (refer to Fig. 5)
so that the left and right rise up characteristics
of the single peaked curve shown in Fig. 13 are
identical from the center (indicated by the dotted
line in the figure).
7) In making this adjustment, the single peaked
curve marker point will differ according to the
rank of the ceramic ﬁlter.