This is the 30 pages manual for Akai AM M600 Service Manual.
Read or download the pdf for free. If you want to contribute, please mail your pdfs to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
PRECAUTIONS DURING SERVICING
1. Parts identified by the [b (*) symbol are critical for
safety. Replace only with parts number specified.
2. In addition to safety, other parts and assemblies are
specified for conformance with such regulations as
those applying to spurious radiation.
These must also be replaced only with specified re-
Examples: RF converters, tuner units, antenna selector
switches, RF cables, noise blocking capacitors, noise
blocking filters, etc.
3. Use specified internal wiring. Note especially:
1) Wires covered with PVC tubing
2) Double insulated wires
3) High voltage leads
4. Use specified insulating materials for hazardous live
pans. Note especially:
1) Insulation Tape
2) PVC tubing
3) Spacers (Insulating Barriers)
4) Insulation sheets for transistors
5) Plastic screws for fixing microswitch (especially in
5. When replacing AC primary side components (trans-
formers, power cords, noise blocking capacitors, etc),
wrap ends of wires securely about the terminals before
6. Observe that wires do not contact heat producing parts
(heatsinks, oxide metal film resistors, fusible resistors,
7. Check that replaced wires do not contact sharp edged
or pointed parts.
. Also check areas surrounding repaired locations.
9. Use care that foreign objects (screws. solder droplets,
etc.) do not remain inside the set.
SAFETY CHECK AFTER SERVICING
After servicing, make measurements of leakage-current or
resistance in order to determine that exposed parts are
acceptably insulated from the supply circuit
The leakage-current measurement should be done be-
tween accessible metal parts (such as chassis, ground
terminal, microphone jacks, signal-input/output connectors,
etc.) and the earth ground through a resister of 1500
ohms paralleled with a 015 pF capacitor, under the units
normal working conditions. The leakage-current should be
less than 0.5 mA rrns AC.
The resistance measurement should be done between ac-
cessible exposed metal parts and power cord plug prongs
with the power switch (it included) ON". The resistance
should be more than 2.2 Mohms.
SYMBOLS FOR PRIMARY DESTINATION
Alphabet indicates the destination of the units as listed
Symbols Principal Destinations
[E Europe (except UK)
W. Germany only
E Universal Area
VOLTAGE CONVERSION (El Model only)
Before connecting the power cord, set the VOLTAGE SE-
LECTOR located on the rear panel so that the correct
voltage for your area is indicated.
PRECAUTION BEFORE/AFTER REPAIRING
[ABOUT THE POWER SUPPLY]
Power supply of the AM-MGOO/MBUO is controlled by the
tuner. Therefore when repair of the AM-M600/M800 is
necessary, repair should be made together with the tuner.
To repair the AM-M600/M800 without tuner, use the fol-
1) While pushing the GE REC button, press the POWER
button to turn the power of the AMvMGDO/MSOO on.
2) To turn off the power of the AM-M600/M800, the AC
power cord must be disconnected.