This is the 33 pages manual for Akai AM M459 Service Manual.
Read or download the pdf for free. If you want to contribute, please mail your pdfs to email@example.com.
1k SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
PRECAUTIONS DURING SERVICING
1. Parts identiﬁed by the A symbol parts are critiwl for
safety Replace only with parts number speciﬁed,
2. In addition to safety, other parts and assemblies are
speciﬁed for conformance with such regulations as those
applying to spurious radiation.
These must also be replaced only with speciﬁed
Examples: RF converters, tuner units, antenna selector
switches, RF cables, noise blocking capacitors, noise
blocking ﬁlters, etc.
3 Use speciﬁed intemal wiringi Note especially:
1) Wires covered with PVC tubing
2) Double insulated wires
3) High voltage leads
4, Use speciﬁed insulating materials for hazardous live parts.
1) Insulation Tape
2) PVC tubing
3) Spacers (Insulating Barriers)
4) Insulation sheets for transistors
5) Plastic screws for ﬁxing microswitch (especially in
5. When replacing AC primary side components (transform-
ers, power cords, noise blocking capacitors. etc), wrap
ends of wires securely about the terminals before soldering.
6. Observe that wires do not contact heat producing parts
(heatsinks, oxide metal ﬁlm resistors, fusible resistors,
7. Check that replaced wires do not contact sharp edged or
8. Also check areas surrounding repaired locations.
9. Use care that foreign objects (screws, solder droplets, etc.)
do not remain inside the set.
SAFETY CHECK AFTER SERVICING
Conﬁrm the speciﬁed insulation resistance between power
cord plug prongs and externally exposed parts of the set is
greater than 10 M ohms, but for equipment with external
antenna terminals (tuner, receiver, etc.) and is intended for
or , speciﬁed insulation resistance should be head-
phone jacks, line-in-out jacks, etc. more than 2.2 M ohms
(ground terminals, microphone jacks).
PRECAUTIONS FOR LITHIUM BATTERY
The lithium battery may explode when heated excessivelyl
[OBSERVE THE FOLLOWING WHEN REPLACING]
0 Replace with the same make and type only.
C Use soldering iron in recommended way" only
0 Place battery in correct polarity.
0 Do not short the terminals
0 Do not recharge battery.
0 Do not dispose of battery in ﬁre.
[DANGER] [RECOMMENDED WAY]
SYMBOLS FOR PRIMARY DESTINATION
Alphabet indicates the destination of the units as listed below.
Symbols Principal Destinations
Europe (except UK)
W. Germany only
VOLTAGE CONVERSION (I Model only)
Before connecting the power cord, SET the VOLTAGE
SELECTOR located on the rear plate with a screwdriver so
that the correct voltage is indicated.