This is the 45 pages manual for Akai AM A402 Service Manual.
Read or download the pdf for free. If you want to contribute, please mail your pdfs to email@example.com.
555 AKAI senuma mnnunl
For Service Manuals Contact
MAURITHON TECHNICAL SERVICES
8 Cherry Tree Rd. Chinnor
Oxon OX9 4QY
TeI:- 01844-35I694 Faxt- 01844-352554
STEREO INTEGRATED AMPLIFIER
PRECAUTIONS DURING SERVICING
1. Parts identified by the A symbol pans are critical
for safety. Replace only with parts number specified
2. In addition to safety, other parts and assemblies are
specified for conformance with such regulations as
those applying to spurious radiation.
These must also be replaced only with specified
Examples: RF converters. tuner units, antenna
selector switches, RF cables, noise blocking capacitors,
noise blocking filters. etc.
3. Use specified internal wiring. Note especially:
1) Wires covered with PVC tubing
2) Double insulated wires
3) High voltage leads
4. Use specified insulating materials for hazardous live
parts, Note especially:
1) Insulation Tape
2) PVC tubing
3) Spacers (Insulating Barriers)
4) Insulation sheets for transistors
5) Plastic screws for fixing microswitch (especially
5. When replacing AC primary side components (trans-
formers, power cords, noise blocking capacitors, etc),
wrap ends of wires securely about the terminals
6. Observe that wires do not Contact heat producing
parts (heatsinks, oxide metal film resistors, fusible
resistors, etc .).
7. Check that replaced wires do not contact sharp
edged or pointed parts.
8. Also check areas surrounding repaired locations.
9. Use care that foreign objects (screws, solder droplets,
etc.) do not remain inside the set.
SAFETY CHECK AFTER SERVICING
Confirm the specified insulation resistance between
power cord plug prongs and externally exposed parts
of the set is greater than 10 M ohms, but for equipment
with external antenna terminals (tuner, receiver, etc.)
and is intended for or E, specified insulation re-
sistance should be headphone jacks. line-in-out jacks etc.
more than 2.2 M ohms (ground terminals, microphone
For Service Manuals Content
MAURITRON TECHNICAL SERVICES
8 Cherry Tree Rd, Chinnor
Oxon OX9 4QY
Tel:- Ohm-351694 Faxy 01844-352554
SYMBOLS FOR PRIMARY DESTINATION
Alphabet indicates the destination of the units as listed
Symbols Principal Destinations
@ Europe (except UK)
W. Germany only
VOLTAGE CONVERSION (El Model only)
Before connecting the power cord, turn the VOLTAGE
SELECTOR located on the rear panel with a screwdriver
so that the correct voltage is indicated.
240V, 4 .220V
VI. PARTS LIST
1. When placing an order for parts, he sure to list Part No., Model No. and the description of each part.
Otherwise, the non-delivery of the part or the delivery of a wrong part may result.
2. Please make sure thath No. is correct when ordering.
If not, a part different from’the one you ordered may be delivered.
3. Since the parts shown in Parts List of Preliminary Service Manual may have been the subject of changes,
please use this Parts List for all future reference.
HOW TO USE THIS PARTS LIST
I. This Parts List lists those parts which are considered necessary for repairs. Other common parts, such as resistors and
capacitors, are listed in the “Common List for Service Parts" from which these parts should be selected and stocked.
2. The Recommended Spare Parts List shows those parts in the Parts List which are considered particularly important
3. Parts not shown in the Parts List and “Common List for Service Parts” will not in principle be supplied.
4. How to read the Parts List.
a) Mechanism Block b) PC Board
2. HEAD BASE BLOCK 6. MAIN PC BOARD
5%? PART NO. DESCRIPTION 55.“ PART No. DESCRIPTION
2-1x BH-TzozaAszoA HEAD BASE BLOCK “or E14324536 IC HDI4049BP
2‘2 HP-H2206A010A HEAD R/P PR4-8FU c 6-IC2 Ill-336801 Ic M88841-564M
2-3 25-477876 PAN20x03STL CMT 6—CIA rec-333399 c MMY v 223M zsoAc [u,E,E,S|
2—4 zs-sssass BIDzoxossrL CMT s—crn ISO-350949 c MMY v 213M 250DC 
2-5 26402895 SP cs ANGLE ADJUST 6-C1C 150338397 c MMY v 223M lZSAC [C,A]
6-X1 Iii-318384 osc X’TAL Nc-Isc 1
SP (Service Parts) Classification Symbols for primary destination
[B] : BEAB(England) [U] : U/T(Universal Area)
[C] : CSA(Canada) [V]: VDE(W, Germany)
A small “x” indicates that this part is not
shown in the Photo or Illustration.
This number corresponds with the indi« [E]:CEE(Europe) [Y]:Custom Version
vidual parts index number in that figure. [J]:IPN(Japan)
This number corresponds with the Figure SP (Service Parts) Classification
Number. These reference symbols correspond with
component symbols in the Schematic
The available PC Board Blocks are listed separately.
5, When Part No. is known, Parts Index at end of Parts List can be used to locate where that part is shown in Parts List
by its Reference No. listed at right of Part No.
A INDICATES SAFETY CRITICAL COMPONENTS. FOR CONTINUED SAFETY, REPLACE SAFETY
CRITICAL COMPONENTS ONLY WITH MANUFACTURE’S RECOMMENDED PARTS
A II. INDIQUE LES COMPOSANTS CRITIQUES DE SECURITE. POUR MAINTENIR LF. DEGRE
DE SECURITE DE L’APPAREIL, NE REMPLACER QUE DES PIECES RECOMMANDEES PAR LE