This is the 36 pages manual for Akai AM 93 Service Manual.
Read or download the pdf for free. If you want to contribute, please mail your pdfs to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
PRECAUTIONS DURING SERVICING
1. Parts identiﬁed by the A;(*) symbol parts are critical for
safety. Replace only with pmts number speciﬁed.
2. In addition to safety, other parts and assemblies are spe-
ciﬁed for conformance with such regulations as those ap-
plying to spurious radiation.
These must also be replaced only with speciﬁed replace-
Examples: RF converters, tuner units, antenna selector
switches, RF cables, noise blocking capacitors, noise
blocking ﬁlters, etc.
3. Use speciﬁed internal wiring. Note especially:
1) Wires covered with PVC tubing
2) Double insulated wires
3) High voltage leads
4. Use speciﬁed insulating materials for hazardous live
parts. Note especially:
1) Insulation Tape
2) PVC tubing
3) Spacers (Insulating Barriers)
4) Insulation sheets for transistors
5) Plastic screws for ﬁxing rnicroswitch (especially in
5. When replacing AC primary side components (trans—
formers, power cords, noise blocking capacitors, etc),
wrap ends of wires securely about the terminals before
6. Observe that wires do not contact heat producing parts
(heatsinks, oxide metal film resistors, fusible resistors,
7. Check that replaced wires do not contact sharp edged or
8. Also check areas surrounding repaired locations.
9. Use care that foreign objects (screws, solder droplets,
etc.) do not remain inside the set.
SAFETY CHECK AFTER SERVICING
After servicing, make measurements of leakagecurrent or
resistance in order to determine that exposed parts are ac-
ceptably insulated from the supply circuit.
The leakage—cu rrent measurement should be done between
accessible metal parts (such as chassis, ground terminal,
microphone jacks, signal-input/output connectors, etc.)
and the earth ground through a resister of l 500 ohms paral-
leled witha 0.15 [LF capacitor, under the unit’s normal work-
ing conditions. The leakageucurrent should be less than 0.5
mA rms AC.
The resistance measurement should be done between ac-
cessible exposed metal parts and power cord plug prongs
with the power switch (if included) “ON”. The resistance
should be more than 2.2 Mohms.
SYMBOLS FOR PRIMARY DESTINATION
Alphabet indicates the destination of the units as listed
Symbols Principal Destinations
Europe (except UK)
W. Germany only
VOLTAGE CONVERSION (I Model only)
Before connecting the power cord. Set the VOLTAGE SE-
LECTOR located on the rear panel with a screwdriVer so
that the correct voltage is indicated.