This is the 34 pages manual for Akai AM 73 Service Manual.
Read or download the pdf for free. If you want to contribute, please mail your pdfs to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
PRECAUTIONS DURING SERVICING
1. Parts identiﬁed by theA(*) symbol parts are critical for
safety. Replace only with parts number specified.
2. In addition to safety, other parts and assemblies are speci-
fied for conformance with such regulations as those apply-
ing to spurious radiation.
These must also be replaced only with specified replace-
Examples: RF converters, tuner units. antenna selector
switches, RF cables, noise blocking capacitors, noise block»
ing filters, etc.
3. Use specified internal wiring. Note especially:
1) Wires covered with PVC tubing
2) Double insulated wires
3) High voltage leads
4. Use specified insulating materials for hazardous live parts.
1) Insulation Tape
2) PVC tubing
3) Spacers (Insulating Barriers)
4) Insulation sheets for transistors
5) Plastic screws for fixing microswitch (especially in turn—
5. When replacing AC primary side components (trans-
formers, power cords, noise blocking capacitors, etc.), wrap
ends of wires securely about the terminals before soldering.
§ﬁfco c> /é®k
6. Observe that wires do not contact heat producing parts
(heatsinks, oxide metal film resistors, fusible resistors, etc).
7. Check that replaced wires do not contact sharp edged or
8. Also check areas surrounding repaired locations.
9. Use care that foreign objects (screws, solder droplets, etc.)
do not remain inside the set.
SAFETY CHECK AFTER SERVICING
Confirm the specified insulation resistance between power
cord plug prongs and externally exposed parts of the set is
greater than 10 M ohms. but for equipment with external an-
tenna terminals (tuner, receiver, etc.) and is intended for C or
A , specified insulation resistance should be headphone jacks
line-in-out jacks etc. more than 2.2 M ohms (ground terminals,
SYMBOLS FOR PRIMARY DESTINATION
Alphabet indicates the destination of the units as listed below.
Symbols Principal Destinations
Europe (except UK)
W. Germany only
VOLTAGE CONVERSION (I Model only)
Before connecting the power cord. SET the VOLTAGE SE7
LECTOR located on the rear panel with a screwdriver so that
the correct voltage is indicated