This is the 37 pages manual for Akai AM 65 Service Manual.
Read or download the pdf for free. If you want to contribute, please mail your pdfs to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PRECAUTIONS DURING SERVICING
1. Parts identiﬁed by the A: (it) symbol are critical for 7. Check that replaced wires do not contact sharp edged
safety. Replace only with parts number specified. or pointed parts.
2. In addition to safety, other parts and assemblies are spe- 8. Also check areas surrounding repaired locations.
citied for conformance with such regulations as those ap-
9. Use care that foreign objects (screws, solder dro-
plying to spurious radiation. . plets, etc.) do not remain inside the set.
These must also be replaced only with speciﬁed replace-
Examples: RF converters, tuner units, antenna selector
switches, RF cables, noise blocking capacitors, noise
blocking ﬁlters, etc.
3. Use specified internal wiring. Note especially:
1) Wires covered with PVC tubing
2) Double insulated wires
3) High voltage leads
4. Use specified insulating materials for hazardous live
parts. Note especially:
1) Insulation Tape
2) PVC tubing
3) Spacers (InsulatingBarriers)
4) Insulation sheets for transistors
5) Plastic screws for fixing microswitch (especially in
5. When replacing AC primary side components (trans-
formers, power cords, noise blocking capacitors,
etc.), wrap ends of wires securely about the terminals
6. Observe that wires do not contact heat producing
parts (heatsinks, oxide metal ﬁlm resistors, fusible
SAFETY CHECK AFTER SERVICING
After servicing, make measurements of leakage-current or
resistance in order to determine that exposed parts are ac-
ceptably insulated from the supply circuit.
The leakage-current measurement should be done between
accessible metal parts (such as chassis, ground terminal,
microphone jacks, signal-input/output connectors, etc.)
and the earth ground through a resister of l 500 ohms paral-
leled with a 0.15 uF capacitor, under the unit’s normal
working conditions. The leakage-current should be less
than 0.5 mA rms AC.
The resistance measurement should be done between ac-
cessible exposed metal parts and power cord plug prongs
with the power switch (if included) “ON". The resistance
should be more than 2.2 Mohrns.
SYMBOLS FOR PRIMARY DESTINATION
Alphabet indicates the destination of the units as listed
VOLTAGE CONVERSION (IE Model only)
Before connecting the power cord. Set the VOLTAGE SE-
LECTOR located on the rear panel with a screwdriver so
that the correct voltage is indicated.