This is the 38 pages manual for Akai AM 57 Service Manual.
Read or download the pdf for free. If you want to contribute, please mail your pdfs to email@example.com.
* SAEETY INSTRUCTIONS
PRECAUTIONS DURING SERVICING
1. Parts indentified by the A (*) symbol are critical for
safety. Replace only with parts number specified
2. In addition to safety, other pans and assemblies are
specified for conformance with such regulations as those
applying to spurious radiation.
These must also be replaced only with specified replace-
Examples: RF converters, tuner units. antenna selector
switches, RF cables, noise blocking capacitors, noise
blocking filters, etc.
3. Use specified internal wiring. Note especially:
1) Wires covered with PVC tubing
2) Double insulated wires
3) High voltage leads
4. Use specified insulating materials for hazardous live
parts, Note especially:
1) Insulation Tape
2) PVC tubing
3) Spacers (insulating Barriers)
4) insulation sheets for transistors
5) Plastic screws for fixing micro switch (especially in
5. When replacing AC primary side components (transfo-
mers, power cords,noise blocking capacitors, etc), wrap
ends of wires securely about the terminals before solder-
6. Observe that wires do not contact heat producing parts
(heatsinkspxide metal film resistors, fusible resistors,
7. Check that replaced wires do not contact sharp edged or
. Also check areas surrounding repaired locations.
9. Use care that foreign objects (screws, solder,droplets,
etc.) do not remain inside the set.
SAFETY CHECK AFTER SERVICING
After servicing, make measurements of leakage-current or
resistance in order to determine that exposed parts areac-
ceptably insulated from the supply circuit.
The leakage-current measurement should be done be-
tween aocessible metal parts (such as chassis, ground
terminal, microphonejacks, signal-lnput/output connectors,
etc.) and the earthground through a resister of 1500 ohms
paralleled with a 015 (LP capacitor. under the unit-ôs normal
working conditions. The leakage-current should be less
than 0.5 mA rrns AC.
The resistance measurement should be done betweenac-
cessible exposed metal pans and power cord plug prongs
with the power switch (if included) -úON-Ě. The resistance
should be more than 2.2 Mohms.
MAKE YOUR CONTRIBUTION TO PRO-
TECT THE ENVIRONMENT
Used batteries with the ISO symbol for recy-
cling as well as small accumulators (recharge- m
able batteries), mini-batteries (cells) and
starter batteries should not be thrown into %&
the garbage can.
Please leave them at an appropriate depot. All other house-
hold batteries can be thrown out with the household waste
SYMBOLS FOR PRIMARY DESTINATION
Alphabet indicates the destination of the units as listed
Symbols Principal Destinations
C Canada _
E Europe (except UK)
2-ė] Custom version