This is the 30 pages manual for Akai AM 49 Service Manual.
Read or download the pdf for free. If you want to contribute, please mail your pdfs to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* SAEETY INSTRUCTIONS
PRECAUTIONS DURING SERVICING
1. Parts indentlfled by the Lt: (*) symbol are critical for
safety. Replace them only with the parts number speci-
2. In addition to safety, other parts and assemblies are
specified for conformance with such regulations as
those applying to spurious radiation.
These must also be replaced only with specified re-
ExampieszﬁF converters. tuner units, antenna selector
switches. RF cables, noise blocking capaci-
tors, noise blocking fitters, etc.
3. Use specified internal wiring. Note especially:
1) Wires covered with PVC tubing
2) Double insulated wires
3) High voltage leads
4. Use specified insulating materials for hazardous live
parts. Note especially:
1) Insulation Tape
2) WC tubing
3) Spacers (insulating Barriers)
4) insulation sheets for transistors
5) Plastic screws for fixing micro switch (especially in
5. When replacing AC primary side components (trans.
formers, power cords.nolse blocking capaa'tors, etc),
wrap the ends of the wires secume around the termi-
nals before soldering.
6. Make sure that wires do not contact heat producing
parts (heat sinks. oxide metal film resistors. fusible re-
7. Check that replaced wires do not contact sharp edged
or pointed parts.
8. Also check areas surrounding repaired locations.
9. Make sure that foreign objects (screws. solder droplets,
etc.) do not remain inside the set.
SAFETY CHECK AFTER SERVICING
After servicing, make measurements of leakage-current
or resistance in order to determine that exposed pens are
acceptably insulated from the supply circuit.
The leakage-current measurement should be done be-
tween accessible metal parts (such as chassis, ground
terminal, microphonejacks, signal-lnputloutput connec-
tors, etc.) and the earth ground through a resistor of 1500
ohms paralleled with a 0.15 pF capacitor, under the unit's
normal working conditions. The leakage-current should be
less than 0.5 mA rrns AC.
The resistance measurement should be done between
amessible exposed metal parts and power cord plug
prongs with the power switch (it included) “ON". The
resistance should be more than 2.2 M ohms.
MAKE YOUR CONTRIBUTION TO PRO-
TECT THE ENVIRONMENT
Used batteries with the ISO symbol for re- m
cycling as well as small accumulators (re-
chargeable batteries), mini-batteries (cells) %<9
and starter batteries should not be thrown
into the garbage can.
Please leave them at an appropriate depot.
SYMBOLS FOR PRIMARY DESTINATION
Alphabet indicates the destination of the units as listed
Symbols Principal Destinations
Europe (except UK)