This is the 24 pages manual for Akai AM 37 Service Manual.
Read or download the pdf for free. If you want to contribute, please mail your pdfs to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* SAEETY INSTRUCTIONS
PRECAUTIONS DURING SERVICING
1. Parts indentitied by the-A (a) symbol are critical for
safety. Replace only with parts number specified
2. in addition to safety, other parts and assemblies are
specified for conformance with such regulations as
those applying to spurious radiation.
These must also be replaced only with specified re-
Examples: RF converters, tuner units, antenna selector
switches, RF cables. noise blocking capacitors, noise
blocking filters, etc.
3. Use specified internal wiring. Note especially:
1) Wires covered with PVC tubing
2) Double insulated wires
3) High voltage leads
4. Use specified insulating materials for hazardous live
parts. Note especially:
1) Insulation Tape
2) PVC tubing
3) Spacers (Insulating Barriers)
4) Insulation sheets for transistors
5) Plastic screws for fixing micro switch (especially In
5. When replacing AC primary side components (transfo-
mers, power cords,noise blocking capacitors, etc),
wrap ends of wires securely about the terminals before
6. Observe that wires do not contact heat producing parts
(heatslnks,oxide metal film resistors, fusible resistors,
7. Check that replaced wires do not contact sharp edged
or pointed parts.
8. Also check areas surrounding repaired locations.
9. Use care that foreign objects (screws, solder,droplets,
etc.) do not remain inside the set.
SAFETY CHECK AFI'ER SERVICING
Alter servicing, make measurements of leakage-current
or resistance in order to determine that exposed parts
areacceptably insulated irom the supply circuit.
The leakage-current measurement should be done be-
tween accessible metal parts (such as chassis, ground
terminal, microphonejacks, signal-input/output connec-
tors, etc.) and the earthground through a resister oi 1500
ohms paralleled with a 0.15 uF capacitor, under the unit's
normal working conditions. The leakage~current should be
less than 0.5 mA rms AC.
The resistance measurement should be done betweenac-
cessible exposed metal parts and power cord plug prongs
with the power switch (it included) "ON". The resistance
should be more than 2.2 Mohms.
SYMBOLS FOR PRIMARY DESTINATION
Alphabet indicates the destination of the units as listed