This is the 35 pages manual for Akai AAV 235 Service Manual.
Read or download the pdf for free. If you want to contribute, please mail your pdfs to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PRECAUTIONS DURING SERVICING
1. Parts identified by the &(*) symbol parts are criti~
cal for safety. Replace only with parts number spe-
2. In addition to safety, other parts and assemblies are
specified for conformance with such regulations as
those applying to spurious radiation.
These must also be replaced only with specified re-
Examples: RF converters, tuner units, antenna se-
lector switches, RF cables, noise blocking capaci-
tors, noise blocking filters, etc.
3. Use specified internal wiring. Note especially:
1) Wires covered with PVC tubing
2) Double insulated wires
3) High voltage leads
4. Use specified insulating materials for hazardous
live parts. Note especially:
1) Insulation Tape
2) PVC tubing
3,) Spacers (Insulating Barriers)
4) Insulation sheets for transistors
5) Plastic screws for fixing microswitch (especially
5. When replacing AC primary side components
(transformers, power cords, noise blocking capaci-
tors, etc.), wrap ends of wires securely about the
terminals before soldering.
6. Observe that wires do not contact heat producing
parts (heatsinks, oxide metal film resistors, fusible
7. Check that replaced Wires do not contact sharp
edged or pointed parts.
8. Also check areas surrounding repaired locations.
9. Use care that foreign objects (screws, solder dro-
plets, etc.) do not remain inside the set.
SAFETY CHECK AFTER SERVICING
After servicing, make measurements of leakage-cur-
rent or resistance in order to determine that exposed
parts are acceptably insulated from the supply circuit.
The leakage-current measurement should be done be-
tween accessible metal parts (such as chassis, ground
terminal, microphone jacks, signal-input/output con-
nectors, etc.) and the earth ground through a resister
of 1500 ohms paralleled with a 0.15 F capacitor,
under the units normal working conditions. The leak-
age-current should be less than 0.5 mA rms AC.
The resistance measurement should be done between
accessible exposed metal parts and power cord plug
prongs with the power switch (if included) ON. The
resistance should be more than 2.2 Mohms.
SYMBOLS FOR PRIMARY DESTINATION
Alphabet indicatesthe destination of the units as
Symbols Principal Destinations
Europe (except UK) .
W. Germany only