This is the 35 pages manual for Akai AAV 205 Service Manual.
Read or download the pdf for free. If you want to contribute, please mail your pdfs to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PRECAUTIONS DURING SERVICING
1, Parts identified by the A symbol parts are critical
for safety, Replace only with parts number specified.
2. In addition to safety, other parts and assemblies are
specified for conformance with such regulations as
those applying to spurious radiation.
These must also be replaced only with specified
Examples: RF converters, tuner units, antenna
selector switches, RF cables,noise blocking capacitors,
noise blocking filters, etc.
3. Use specified internal wiring. Note especially:
1) Wires covered with PVC tubing
2) Double insulated wires
3) High voltage leads
4. Use specified insulating materials for hazardous live
parts. Note especially:
1) Insulation Tape
2) PVC tubing
3) Spacers (Insulating Barriers)
4) Insulation sheets for transistors
5) Plastic screws for fixing microswitch (especially
5. When replacing AC primary side components (trans-
formers, power cords, noise blocking capacitors, etc.),
wrap ends of wires securely about the terminals
as :> c>
6. Observe that wires do not contact heat producing
parts (heatsinks, oxide metal film resistors, fusible
7. Check that replaced wires do not contact sharp
edged or pointed parts.
8. Also check areas surrounding repaired locatoins.
9. Use care that foreign objects (screws, solder droplets,
etc.) do not remain inside the set.
SAFETY CHECK AFTER SERVICING
Confirm the specified insulation resistance between
power cord plug prongs and externally exposed parts
of the set is greater than 10 M ohms. but for equipment
with external antenna terminals (tuner, receiver, etc.)
and is intended for El or El, specified insulation re-
sistance should be headphone jacks line-in-out jacks etc.
more than 2.2 M ohms (ground terminals, microphone
PRECAUTION FOR THE LITHIUM BATTERY
The LITHIUM BATTERY employed for memory Back
up has a explosive probability when the BATTERY
itself is excessive heated.
IN CASE OF REPLACING: RESOLDER and SOLDER
AS RECOMMENDED WAY.
[DANGER] [RECOMMENDED WAY]
SYMBOLS FOR PRIMARY DESTINATION
Alphabet indicates the destination of the units as listed
VOLTAGE CONVERSION (I Model only)
Befor connecting the power cord. SET the VOLTAGE
SELECTOR located on the rear panel with a screwdriver
so that the correct voltage is indicated.
Symbols Principal Destinations
Europe (except UK)
b; W. Germany only
_-ė- Universal Area
V. PARTS LIST
HOW TO USE THIS PARTS LIST
1. This Parts List lists those parts which are considered necessary for repairs. Other common parts, such as resistors and
capacitors, are listed in the -úCommon List for Service Parts-Ě from which these parts should be selected and stocked.
2. The Recommended Spare Parts List shows those parts in the Parts List which are considered particularly important
3. Parts not shown in the Parts List and -úCommon List for Service Parts-Ě will not in principle be supplied.
4. How to read the Parts List,
a) Mechanism Black In) PC Board
2. HEAD BASE BLOCK 6. MAIN PC BOARD
28R PART NO. DESCRIPTION 33R PART NO. DESCRIPTION
2-1x BH-T2023A320A HEAD BASE BLOCK 671C] E1-324536 IC HD140493P
2-2 HP-H2206A010A HEAD R/P PR4-8FU C 6-IC2 Eirssssor IC MBss4r-554M
2 3 25 477876 PANzoxDSSTL GMT ¬ę.01 A EC-338399 C MMY V 223M zsoAC IU.E.B,s]
2-4 25536458 BID20X088TL CMT 6-ClB 130350949 C MMY V 223M none 
2-5 ZG-402895 SP cs ANGLE ADJUST 6-C1C EC-338397 C MMY V 223M 125AC[C,A}
SP (Service Parts) Classification
A small "x-Ě indicates that this part is not
shown in the Photo or Illustration
This number corresponds with the indi~
vidual parts index number in that figure.
This number corresponds with the Figure
osc X-ôTAL Nc-isc T
Symbols for primary destination
[B] I BEAB(England) [U] : U/T(Universal Area)
[C] : CSA(Canada) [V] : VDE(W, Germany)
[E]:CEE(Europe) [Y]:Custom Version
SP (Service Parts) Classification
These reference symbols correspond with
component symbols in the Schematic
The available PC Board Blocks are listed separately.
5. When Part No. is known, Parts Index at end of Parts List can be used to locate where that part is shown in Parts List
by its Reference No. listed at right of Part No.