This is the 33 pages manual for Akai AA 39 49 Service Manual.
Read or download the pdf for free. If you want to contribute, please mail your pdfs to email@example.com.
* SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
PRECAUTIONS DURING SERVICING
1. Parts indentitied by the A (*) symbol are critical for
safety. Replace them only with the pans number speci-
2. In addition to safety, other parts and assemblies are
specified for conformance with such regulations as
those applying to spurious radiation.
These must also be replaced only with specified re-
Example51RF converters, tuner units, antenna selec-
tor switches, RF cables, noise blocking
capacitors, noise blocking filters, etc.
3. Use specified internal wiring. Note especially:
1)Wires covered with PVC tubing
2) Double insulated wires
3) High voltage leads
4. Use specified insulating materials for hazardous live
pans. Note especially:
1) Insulation Tape
2) PVC tubing
3) Spacers (insulating barriers)
4) Insulation sheets for transistors
5) Plastic screws for fixing microswitch (especially in
5. When replacing AC primary side components (trans-
formers. power cords, noise blocking capacitors, etc),
wrap the ends of the wires securely around the termi-
nals before soldering.
6. Make sure that wires do not contact heat producing
parts (heatsinks, oxide metal film resistors, fusible re-
7. Check that replaced wires do not contact sharp edged
or pointed parts.
8. Also check areas surrounding repaired locations.
9. Make sure that foreign objects (screws, solder drop<
lets, etc.) do not remain inside the set.
SAFETY CHECK AFTER SERVICING
After servicing, make measurements of leakage-current
or resistance in order to determine that exposed parts are
acceptably insulated from the supply circuit.
The leakage-current measurement should be done be-
tween accessible metal parts (such as chassis, ground
terminal, microphone jacks, signal input / output connec-
tors, etc.) and the earth ground through a resistor of 1500
ohms paralleled with a 0.15 pF capacitor, under the
unit-ôs normal working conditions, The leakage-current
should be less than 0.5 mA rms AC.
The resistance measurement should be done between
accessible exposed metalparts and power cord plug prongs
with the power switch (it included) -úON-Ě, The resistance
should be more than 2.2 M ohms.
MAKE YOUR CONTRIBUTION TO PRO-
TECT THE ENVIRONMENT
Used batteries with the iso symbol for re-
cycling as well as small accumulators (re- W
chargeable batteries), mini-batteries (cells) Q]
and starter batteries should not be thrown
into the garbage can.
Please leave them at an appropriate depot.
SYMBOLS FOR PRIMARY DESTINATION
Alphhabet indicates the destination of the units as listed
Symbols l Principal Destinations
[E] Europe (except U.K.)
11-ė] Custom version