This is the 72 pages manual for Aiwa NS XV54 Owners Manual.
Read or download the pdf for free. If you want to contribute, please mail your pdfs to email@example.com.
OTHER CONNEG NS
EQUIPMENT -. a
Flefer to the operating instructions of the connected equipment
- The connecting cords are not supplied. Obtain the necessary
- Consult yourlocal Aiwa dealer for adequate optional equipment.
This unit can input the sound signal through the jacks.
Use a cable with RCA phono plugs to connect an audio
equipment (turntables, LD players with analog output jacks,
Connect the red plug to the Ft jack, and the whilte plug to the L
When connecting a turntable
Use an Aiwa turntable equipped with a built-in equalizer amplifier.
CD DIGITAL OUT (OPTICAL) JACK
(For NSX-V52 only)
This unit can output CD digital sound signals through the jack.
Use an optical cable to connect a digital audio equipment (digital
amplifiers, DAT decks, MD recorders, etc).
Remove the dust cap from the CD DIGITAL OUT (OPTICAL)
When CD DIGITAL OUT (OPTICAL) jack is not being used
Attach the supplied dust cap.
SUPER WOOFER Bil JACK
Connect an optional powered sub Wooierwith a built-in-amplitier
to the jack.
LISTENING TO EXTERNAL
To play equipment connected to the VIDEO/AUX lacks. proceed
1 Press the VIDEO/AUX button.
-œVIDEO" appears on the display.
2 Play the connected equipment.
To change a source name In the display
When the VIDEO/AUX button is pressed, VIDEO is displayed
initially. It can be changed to AUX or TV.
With the power on, press the POWER button while pressing the
Repeat the procedure to select one of the names.
To adjust the sound level of the external source -~ E]
When the sound level of the external source is much higher or
much lower than that of other function sources, adjust it as
1 Press the VIDEO/AUX button and play the equipment.
2 Turn the VIDEO/AUX INPUT LEVEL control on the rear panel
until the sound level becomes the same as that of other
It the unit fails to perform as described in these operating
instructions, check the following guide.
There is no sound.
- Is the AC cord connected properly?
- Is there a bad connection? (- page 8)
- Is there a short circuit in the speaker terminals?
-~ Disconnect the AC cord, then correct the speaker
- Is an incorrect function button pressed?
Sound is emitted from one speaker only.
- Is the other speaker disconnected?
The output sound Is not stereo.
- is the Karaoke function turned on? (-v page 50)
An erroneous display or a malfunction occurs.
-o Reset the unit as stated below.
There is constant, wave-like static.
- is the antenna connected properly? (_. page 8)
- Is the signal weak?
- Connect an outdoor antenna.
The reception contains noise interferences or the sound
- Is the system picking up external noise or multipath distortion?
-v Change the orientation of the antenna.
-v Move the unit away from other electrical appliances.
CASSETTE DECK SECTION
The tape does not run.
- ls deck 2 in pause mode? (-Â» page 32)
The sound ls off-balance or not adequately high.
- Is the playback head dirty? (-t page 60)
Recording is not possible.
- Is the erasure prevention tab on the tape broken off? (_. page
- is the recording head dirty? (4 page 60)
Erasure is not possible.
- Is the erasure head dirty? (-v page 60)
- Is a metal tape being used? (-. Page 36)
High frequency sound Is not emitted.
- is a tape recorded without Dolby NR played back with the Dolby
NR system operating? (a page 32)
. ls the recording/playback head dirty-˜.7 (-4 page 60)
CD PLAYER SECTION
The CD player does not play.
- Is the disc correctly inserted? (-v page 24)
- ls the disc dirty? (-~ page 60)
- Is the lens affected by condensation?
-* Wait approximately one hour and try again.
it an unusual condition occurs in the display window or the
cassette decks, reset the unit as follows,
1 Press the POWER button to turn off the power.
2 Press the POWER button to turn the power back on while
pressing the l CLEAR button. Everything stored in memory
after purchase is canceled.
If the power cannot be turned off in step 1 because of a
malfunction, reset by disconnecting the AC cord and repeat step