SX-R210 (NSX-A54 only)
Read the Operating Instructions carefully and completely before operating the unit. Be sure to keep the Operating
Instructions for future reference. All warnings and cautions in the Operating Instructions and on the unit should be
strictly followed, as w ell as the safety suggestions below.
1 Water and moisture - Do not use this unit near water, such as near a bathtub, washbowl, swimming pool, or the
2 Heat - Do not use this unit near sources of heat, including heating vents, stoves, or o ther appliances that generate
heat. It also should not be placed in temperatures less than 5ºC (41ºF) or greater than 35 Cº(95ºF).
3 Mounting Surface - Place the unit on a flat, even surface
4 Ventilation - The unit should be situated with adequate space around it so that proper heat ventilation is assured.
Allow 10 cm (4 in.) clearance from the rear and then tope of the unit, and 5 cm (2 in.) from each side.
- Do not place the unit on a bed, rug, or similar surface that may block the ventilation openings .
- Do not install the unit in a bookcase, cabinet, or airtight rack where ventilation may be impeded.
5 Objects and liquid entry - Take care that objects of liquids do not get inside the unit through the ventilation
6 Carts and stands - When pla ced or mounted on a stand or cart, the unit should be moved with care. Quick stops,
excessive force, and uneven surfaces may cause the unit or cart to overturn or fall.
7 Condensation - Moisture may form on the CD pickup lens when:
- The unit is moved f rom a cold spot to a warm spot
- The heating system has just been turned on
- The unit is used in a very humid room
- The unit is cooled by an air conditioner
When this unit has condensation inside, it may not function normally. Should this occur, leave he unit for a few
hours, then try to operate again.
8 Wall or ceiling mounting - The unit should not be mounted on a wall or ceiling, unless specified in the Operating
1 Power sources - Connect this unit only to power sources sp ecified in the Operating Instructions, and as marked on
2 Polarization - As a safety feature, some units are equipped with polarized AC power plugs which can only be
inserted one way into a power outlet. If it is difficult or impossible to inse rt the AC power plug into an outlet, turn
the plug over and try again. If it still does not easily insert into the outlet, please call a qualified service technician to
service or replace the outlet. To avoid defeating the safety feature of the polarized plug, do not force it into a power
3 AC power cord
- When disconnecting the AC power cord, pull it out by the AC power plug. Do not pull the cord itself.
- Never handle the AC power plug with wet hands, as this could result in fire or shock.
- Po wer cords should be routed to avoid being severely bent, pinched, or walked upon. Pay particular attention to
the cord from the unit to the power socket.