TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE OR
ELECTRIC SHOCK, DO NOT EXPOSE THIS
APPLIANCE TO RAIN OR MOISTURE.
Use of controls or adjustments or performance of procedures other
than those specified herein may result in hazardous radiation
This compact disc player is classified as a CLASS 1 LASER product.
The CLASS 1 LASER PRODUCT label is located on the exterior.
Invisible laser radiation when open and inter-
locks defeated. Avoid exposure to beam.
TO REDUCE THE RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK,
DO NOT REMOVE COVER (OR BACK).
NO USER-SERVICEABLE PARTS INSIDE.
REFER SERVICING TO QUALIFIED SERVICE
CAUTION RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK
DO NOT OPEN
Read the Operating Instructions carefully and completely before
operating the unit. Be sure to keep the Operating Instructions for
future reference. All warnings and cautions in the Operating
Instructions and on the unit should be strictly followed, as well
as the safety suggestions below.
1 Water and moisture - Do not use this unit near water, such
as near a bathtub, washbowl, kitchen sink, laundry tub, in a
wet basement, swimming pool, or the like.
2 Heat - Do not use this unit near sources of heat, including
heating vents, stoves, or other appliances that generate heat.
It also should not be placed in temperatures less than 5¡C
(41¡F) or greater than 35¡C (95¡F).
3 Mounting surface - Place the unit on a flat, even surface.
4 Ventilation - The unit should be situated with adequate
space around it so that proper heat ventilation is assured.
Allow 10 cm (4 in.) clearance from the rear and the top of the
unit and 5 cm (2 in.) from each side.
- Do not place the unit on a bed, rug, or similar surface that
may block the ventilation openings.
- Do not install the unit in a bookcase, cabinet, or airtight
rack where ventilation may be impeded.
5 Objects and liquid entry - Take care that objects or liquids
do not get inside the unit through the ventilation openings.
6 Carts and stands - When placed or mounted on a stand or
cart, the unit should be moved with care.
Quick stops, excessive force, and uneven surfaces may
cause the unit or cart to overturn or fall.
7 Condensation - Moisture may form on the CD pickup lens
- The unit is moved from a cold spot to a warm spot
- The heating system has just been turned on
- The unit is used in a very humid room
- The unit is cooled by an air conditioner
When this unit has condensation inside, it may not function
normally. Should this occur, leave the unit for a few hours,
then try to operate again.
8 Wall or ceiling mounting - The unit should not be mounted
on a wall or ceiling, unless specified in the Operating
1 Power sources - Use on batteries or AC house current, as
specified in the Operating Instructions and marked on the
2 AC power cord
- When disconnecting the AC power cord, pull it out by the
AC power plug. Do not pull the cord itself.
- Never handle the AC power plug with wet hands, as this
could result in fire or shock.
- Power cords should be firmly secured to avoid being bent,
pinched, or walked upon. Pay particular attention to the
cord from the unit to the power socket.
- Avoid overloading AC power sockets and extension cords
beyond their capacity, as this could result in fire or shock.
3 When not in use - Unplug the AC power cord from the AC
power socket or remove all the batteries if the unit will not be
used for several months or more. When the cord is plugged
in, a small amount of current continues to flow to the unit,
even when the power is turned off.
Clean the unit only as recommended in the Operating
Damage Requiring Service
Have the units serviced by a qualified service technician if:
- The AC power cord or plug has been damaged
- Foreign objects or liquid have got inside the unit
- The unit has been exposed to rain or water
- The unit does not seem to operate normally
- The unit exhibits a marked change in performance
- The unit has been dropped, or the cabinet has been damaged
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO SERVICE THE UNIT YOURSELF.