This is the 20 pages manual for Aiwa AD R450 Service Manual.
Read or download the pdf for free. If you want to contribute, please mail your pdfs to email@example.com.
SIM Code No. 84-025
AI WA® OF
78 dB (METAL tape DOLBY O NH
According toDlN 45 500 0.1%
Fast forward time 70 sec. ((3-60)
Type Stereo cassette tape deck Recording system AC bias (frequency 85 kHz)
Track format 4 tracks 2 channels Erase system AC erase
Power supply AD-R450 E, 2 Motor DC Servomolor ><1 , Dc Motor x1
AC 220 V, 50/60 Hz Head DX head
AD-R450 K, G Inputs LINE IN maximum input
Ac 240 v, 50/60 Hz sensitivity: 50 mV (over 50 km
AD-R450 U,C DIN max sensitivity (Z model only):
AC120V,60 Hz 01 mV/kﬂ (33km)
AD«R45[) H, Hu, HJ Outputs LINE OUT standard output level:
At: 120 V/220 V240 V switchable, 0.4 V (o VU); suitable load
50/80 Hz impedance: over 50 k0;
Power DIN standard level (2 model only):
consumption 15 W 0.4 V (0 VU)
Frequency Headphones: 8-32 I)
TeSPOHSe METAL tape: 20-18900 HZ Dimensions 420(W) X 1 i OIH) X300(D) mm
CrO, position tape: 20-1 7.000 H2 Weight 4.4 kg
NORMAL tape: 20~1 6.000 H2 Accessories Stereo pin cord (2)
0 Design and specifications are subject to change Without
0 Noise reduction system manufactured under license
from Dolby Laboratories Licensing Corporation.
I o Dolby and the DI] symbol are trademarks of Dolby
Ezezriipfienge ;::er2_/?gfag) 7/81ps) laboratories licensing corporationt
Follow the instructions carefully, which will allow the user to optimise the products performance
and give many years of serivce.
I. No scratch and melting shall be made to covered lead-wires of an
a.c. primary circuit including mains leads.
2. No illegibilitv shall be given to the specification plate, the cau-
tion labels, the fuse labels and others,
3. When, on pattern sides of circuit boards, additional repair-parts
have been made up, the pans shall be firmly glued to circuit
boards or other components, unless the parts can be attached
4. The following matters shall be maintained as they are, when
1) Soldering of lead-wire ends
*Care should be taken of the space distance in an ac pri-
mary circuit as well as soldering
2) Wiring and holding of leadwires with wire-clips and binders
3) Materials of lead-wires
* e.g.; For UL models, lead-wires to be used shall be ap-
proved or accepted by the UL.
4) Location of all kinds of insulators
5) Setting of voltage selector switch
*Set the Voltage Selector Switch to 240V, 220V, or 120V,
According to your Local Voltage.
5. After repaired, the insulation resistance or leakage current shall
be measured with 500 3 5! 0.6 and shall be not lea than 1MB.
Rallng 1 More than lMQ/SDDV DC
Connect lo Chasers or Outsude e of Pm Jack
AC Power Corn (6)
6. General instructions for mechanism repair
1) The heads, capstan and pinch roller shall be cleaned of good
quality alcohol after repaired, because dirty heads shall cause
distorted sounds while dirty capstan and pinch roller shall
occur wow/flutter and take-up fault.
2) When oiling, only one or two drops shall be applied so as
not to run over and be dispersed, Note should be taken of the
metal fitting for the mpstan and rotating portions of the
idlers and pinch roller, especially.
3) E-rings and poly slider washers shall be replaced with new
ones, if once those have been removed. v No re-utilization
due to unreliability.
Regular spare-parts shall always be used for repair, because
using irregular parts and tampering with the products shall
cause daterioration, mulfunction and damage