Thank you for purchasing the Acoustic Research AV100 AM/FM Radio Receiver System with iPod compatibility.
The B or C suffix after the model number indicates a black (B) or cherrywood (C) cabinet. Besides featuring
standard AM and FM radio reception with dedicated antenna input connections, the AV100 also provides an iPod
docking connector for listening to downloaded material from the internet when the iPod mode is selected.
Additional features include AUX 1 and AUX 2 inputs for connection of external devices such as CD and MP3 players
and an audio output jack for connection to an external subwoofer speaker. AM and FM tuning is achieved using the
precision vernier tuning knob on the front of the unit, while volume level is adjusted with a continuous 360
1. Keep these instructions.
2. Heed all warnings.
3. Follow all instructions.
4. Do not use this apparatus near water.
5. Clean only with dry cloth.
6. Do not block any ventilation openings. Install in accordance with the manufacture's instructions.
7. Do not install near any heat source such as radiators, heat registers, stoves, or other apparatus (including
amplifiers) that produce heat.
8. Do not defeat the safety purpose of the polarized or grounding-type plug. A polarized plug has two blades
with one wider than the other. A grounding type plug has two blades and a third grounding prong. The wide
blade or the third prong are provided for your safety. If the provided plug does not fit into you outlet. Consult
an electrician for replacement of the obsolete outlet.
9. Protect the power cord from being walked on or pinched particularly at plugs, convenience receptacles,
and the point where they exit from the apparatus.
10. Only use attachments/accessories specified by the manufacturer.
11. Use only with the cart, stand, tripod, bracket, or table specified by the manufacturer, or sold with the
apparatus. When a cart is used, use caution when moving the cart/apparatus combination to avoid injury
12. Unplug this apparatus during lightning storms or when unused for long periods of time.
13. Refer all servicing to qualified service personal. Servicing is required when the apparatus has been dam
aged in any way, such sa power-supply cord or plug is damaged, lipuid has been spilled or objects have
fallen into the apparatus, the apparatus has been exposed to rain or moisture, does not operate normally,
or has been dropped.
14. The apparatus shall not be exposed to dripping or splashing and no objects filled with liquids, such as
vases, shall be placed on the apparatus.
15. The appliance coupler used as disconnect device shall remain readily operable.
16. To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do not expose this apparatus to rain or moisture.
IMPORTANT-----Read These Instructions
Note:This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant
to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful in-
terference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency
energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference
to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular
installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which
can be determined by turning the equipment off or on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interfer-
ence by one or more of the following measures:
- Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
- Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
- Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which
the receiver is connected.
- Consult the dealer or an experienced Radio/TV technician for help.
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This
device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including
interference that may cause undesired operation.
The user is cautioned that changes or modifications not expressly approved by XM
® Satellite Radio, Inc. can void
the users authority to operate this device.
By adhering to these warnings and safety considerations, accidents and/or personal injury can be avoided.
z Do not expose the device and the remote control to water or moisture.
z Only operate the device in the specified temperature range of 0°C to 40°C.
z Make sure there is sufficient ventilation for the device. There must be a minimum gap of 10 cm between
objects to the side, to the rear and above the device.
z In the event of contact with moisture or liquids remove the mains adapter immediately.
z Only clean the device using a dry cloth. Do not use any cleaning agents or chemical solvents when
cleaning, as these could damage the surface of the device.
z Never open the device.
z The device should not continue to be operated if there is visible damage to the mains cable. A damaged
cable should not be repaired, but must be replaced.
z Always refer to a qualified specialist for any maintenance or repair work.